Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 35: Lord give me patience, and please give it to me right now ;-)

No caption needed!!

Today at church our Pastor reminded us that "God's time is not our time", a message that we need to understand as we rejoice in the small miracle of Analise moving her fingers  (by the way, today Erik and Dawn noticed that Analise's fingers on her left hand "fluttered" as well).

As we continue to lift Analise up in prayer we need to have faith that everything will occur in God's time and His perfect timing.  Philliphians 4:13 reassures us that "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength".

Analise, Erik, and Dawn have been so moved by the outpouring of support and prayer from friends, family, and strangers who have just fallen in love with our Sweet Analise.

We rejoice in the many blessings that Analise has already brought to our family and we will continue to look to God through prayer for His guidance.

Today's visitors included:

  • Jana and Elisa, friends from Dawn's work who brought a huge lunch and several cards and donations from the staff at Dawn's school.
  • Grandma Annette and Grandpa John (Dawn's Mom and Step-Dad) back from their almost 3 week trip to Europe, who were thrilled to be holding Analise for the first time since she was in the hospital.  
  • Auntie Amanda and Uncle Chris (Erik's step-sister and her husband) stopped by again, and Uncle Chris was able to Analise for the first time.
  • Abuela (Erik's grandmother), who wanted to see our Sweet Analise today, especially after yesterday's emotional day when Analise first moved her fingers.  
This week's upcoming events:
  • Monday: Analise has her appointment with the geneticist 
  • Tuesday: Analise has the hip ultrasound appointment, followed by the appointment with Dr. Hurley, the orthopedic surgeon to change her casts  


Elisa

Jana


Grandma Annette and Grandpa John


Uncle Chris

Abuela

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see all of you, and meet this beautiful addition to our family! XOXO MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your extra special child. God only chooses the best for our babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Analise,
    This might seem weird to hear from someone you have never met before, but I just wanted to write you a note of encouragement. I was also born with amyoplasia. My mother contracted strep B when she was pregnant with me, which caused her to lose nearly all her amniotic fluid at 25 weeks. The lack of movement dislocated both of my hips and severely twisted my right leg. I was born 2 months prematurely with not much hope given for me or to my parents. I did not have internal problems as you did, but I underwent reconstructive surgery when I was about the age you are right now. Things might seem scary and difficult at times, but I promise you and your parents that things do get better. I've learned to trust in the Lord and He will help you to succeed, no matter how difficult it may be. You are a strong girl with a great potential; don't ever let anything get you down because you are capable of anything. I am now 22 years old and a student at Brigham Young University Idaho studying Human Biology. My hips are permanently dislocated, but I live a fairly normal life. Don't ever give up hope; you never know what lies ahead and what the Lord has in store for you. May God bless you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete