Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 19: Update from Erik

Message from Erik:

"Analise did great last night. Slept on and off til 3 and then from 330-530 and then from 630 to 915. Dawn and I both took turns waking up. And we survived, yeahhhh! She got a bath this morning and now she's asleep. 

We are realizing its very hard to do anything by yourself with her arms not working. Teamwork will be key. 

So happy Kaley, Kyle, and Kassandra are coming tonight to help out and hang out with their baby sister. 

I called about the ortho appt and they have to schedule it. The doctor is very booked so it could be long but I insisted it be very soon. We've waited a long time. 

We have a phone appt with social security today to discuss Analise, hopefully that goes well. 

Analise still doesn't like exercises. We do them every 6 hours but she cries every time, especially with her right shoulder. Slow, passive ROM (Range of Motion) is what the OT said is best for her and her future movement. 

Everyone always asks about Dawn. She is doing great physically, and much better emotionally. She is an exceptional mom and is completely devoted to Analise and her future success. 

I am a very lucky man, husband, and dad. And as I always say, dont worry about me, I am doing great too. I have gained a few pounds, but hopefully I will lose it soon chasing Analise. More pics to come. Much love from Erik, Dawn, Kaley, Kyle, Kassandra, and Analise"

Let's pray that our Sweet Analise, Erik, and Dawn are able to easily have access to all resources available for them!!

We are also very blessed to have such an
awesome son and daughter-in-law!!!
Sleeping tight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment